|The ASFF has attracted important industry figures. ASFF tag.|
|One of the 2015 masterclasses is focussed on convergence|
I've led trips twice to the ASFF, a film festival that screens short films + music videos in unusual venues around York, linked to the magazine Aesthetica (focussed on photography and other media arts), and its been a great experience for students - here's an account by one student.
|Another 2015 masterclass|
The masterclasses have been superb, and simply ideal - we've heard directly from the likes of Barry Ryan (senior producer at Warp Films), Danny Cohen (cinematographer on several Warp and Working Title movies, including Dead Man's Shoes and Les Miserables if memory serves me right?!), and Craig McNeil and James Harman (respectively, music video producer and director for the world's largest music Indie, Beggars Group and his long-term editor).
|A topic I've blogged on a few times...|
The next one is in November 2015 at various venues around York (Friday 6th + Saturday 7th, but with additional events on the Thursday and Sunday too). Here's the rundown of masterclasses/events (I'll pick out a few below):
Details (not least times) will presumably be updated on their website: here's the 2015 festival link.
There are many themes covered by guest speakers at the masterclass sessions:
- Convergence - Warp and This is England crossing between cinema and TV
- Women's role in the film industry
- Cinematography (3 different sessions)
- Acting (2)
- Animation, gaming, SFX (4)
- Music/Video/Marketing: Craig McNeil of Beggars Group on music docs; film director Tim Pope tracks his career through music videos and beyond; Ridley Scott Associates discuss working with brands and bands
- Film Criticism/Analysis (2)
- Short Film/Video (2)
- Film Festivals and promotion
- and something else I've forgotten!
I wondered if the Bafta accreditation was new, and got the reply:
Yes indeed! We are now on a list of only 10 in the UK including London Film Festival and Edinburgh!Not bad!
Here's the education pricing summary:
|ASFF 2015 masterclass|